Effective Date: July 1, 2020
Information We Collect and Share
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). We only collect personal information directly or indirectly from you, for example from forms you complete or products and services you purchase. Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information, or other information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws.
We do not sell personal information but may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We may share your personal information with service providers, including for order fulfillment, payment processing, advertising, and other business purposes; with data aggregators for data analytics and processing; and with regulatory agencies, auditors, or other parties if we believe such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request, to protect the safety of any person, to minimize credit card risk, address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect our rights or property. In particular, we have collected and/or disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Category||Examples||Collected||Disclosed for a Business Purpose|
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver's license number, or other similar identifiers.||YES||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, address, telephone number, driver's license or state identification card number, credit card number.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (21 years or older), marital status, medical condition, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), pregnancy (childbirth and related medical conditions).||YES||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Not applicable.||NO||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, or other information on a consumer's interaction with our website, application, or advertisement.||YES||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Not applicable.||NO||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Not applicable.||NO||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Not applicable.||NO||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences.||YES||YES|
Use of Personal Information
We value your privacy and do not sell personal information for any purpose. Our primary purpose for using or disclosing the personal information we collect is to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service or to book a reservation, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. You may also save your information in your account with us to facilitate new product orders. We may also use or disclose personal information for any of the following purposes:
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users or consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list of disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Visiting https://coppolaprivacy.com
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling us at 855-COPPOLA
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, you must provide the agent with signed permission to submit the request on your behalf as well as access to all information required to verify your identity, including access to any email account that we may have associated with you.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access, data portability, or deletion twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must be submitted through the online request form provided at https://coppolaprivacy.com, which is the most secure method for allowing us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. You must provide all information required on the form, including your name and email address, and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
Requests will be acknowledged within ten (10) days of receipt. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in an email to the address associated with your request.
Responses will be delivered to the email address submitted with your request via a secure password-protected link. Your information will be available to access, view, download and print a portable copy. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to Coppola Privacy at: 300 Via Archimedes, Geyserville, CA 95441.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Attn: Coppola Privacy
300 Via Archimedes
Geyserville, CA 95441